Please watch this four-minute video of last year’s program.
Thank you for your interest in being a part of Film2Future’s 2021 Animation Program! This application process is free. Our goal is to learn more about you and identify students who will benefit from our program’s opportunities and be successful. While the application process is competitive as class size is limited, we value creativity and enthusiasm over standard student achievement scores in our applicants—in other words, we do not ask for transcripts!
Our 2021 summer animation program is four weeks during the summer (approximately Monday – Friday, July 12 – August 6), with additional weekend and after-school dates offered in the fall and spring. Students must commit to the class schedule, including class instruction, group projects, professional training, and group collaboration. Students will have a short film animatic to use for their resumes and portfolio at the end of the program.
• Our program is a ZERO cost program to our students and their families.
• We provide all equipment, materials, supplies, and all food and transportation (if any in-person class is required).
• Admission looks at your entire application, including statements you have made and letters of recommendation.
• All communications regarding your application, including your admissions decision, will be communicated to you via the email address you provided. Please check your email account regularly, as you will be receiving communications that are often time-sensitive and require a response.
Who Can Apply?
• High school students, grades 9 through 12.
• Must reside or go to school in Los Angeles County.
• Demonstrates interest and commitment in expressing creativity through the arts.
If you have any questions about the application, please email Tracy Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org.